For this interview, we’ve reached out to Janine from Happy Stylish Fit. She lives with her husband, two kids, and two dogs on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. She blogs about motherhood, lifestyle, and fitness. She has an amazing story, check it out below:
1. How many years have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging for over 3 years.
2. What is your favorite mom-blog project that you’ve ever done?
I’ve loved connecting with other mom bloggers through round-up posts like my 25 Practical Mom Hacks blog post.
3. Which project are you most proud of?
I am proud of all of the renovations we have done with the fixer-upper home we purchased 1 year ago.
4. What are some of your favorite activities during the day?
I love taking my kids out during the day. Sometimes it’s the swimming pool, a park, the beach, or something different and we always have fun.
5. What kind of lighting do you have set up in your home for your little ones?
We have been slowly converting our lighting to LED to minimize power usage. Each kids bedroom has an adjustable light that is very helpful for night wakings.
6. What is the greatest tip that you could give to other moms?
To trust your gut and give yourself grace. You will receive a lot of opinions and advice. Take it all with a grain of salt and do what feels right for you. We can’t always be perfect, but being present and doing our best is always enough.
7. What is the hardest thing about blogging and being a mom?
Balancing time is a big challenge, especially when most of my work can be done from a phone. I strive to be as present as possible with my kids, but at the same time am working on my phone whenever I have a chance.
8. You are a mom and an established blogger. If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
I would definitely do everything all over again, with one slight difference. I would work harder at building my brand while I was pregnant, and while only having 1 kid. Each stage of motherhood has its challenges, but it does become more of a handful as you work your way up to 2 under 2.